6911th

Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne – Darmstadt, Germany

Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne was, I believe, an Army base where 6911th RGM was a tenant organization. Again, I’m not sure what my Dad did here but thanks to Red Barthel, I’m a little more familiar. He provided a nice PDF file on Darmstadt and what USAFSS was all about in Darmstadt. You can read the PDF at the link below:

Darmstadt Story

Thanks, Red!

215 comments for “Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne – Darmstadt, Germany”

1. I was ditty bop . . . stationed at Darmstadt from 1963-1965. Was on Dog Flight. Remember all the trips back and forth out to the compound. Can’t remember a lot of the friends I knew, but remember Charles “Chip” Seldon, Steve Hampton, and Elvor Hopper. Also remember other guys, but can’t remember their first names . . . like Tooles, Woods and others. Guess it’s been so long now. If anyone remembers me or some of the names I mentioned here, please e-mail me.

Posted by Grant Furguson | June 30, 2015, 6:24 pm
  2. Ditty bop with the 6910th Darmstadt 59-61 then 3d to the 6986th Wakkanai with Bill Stack and others 61-62. Had the morning Bluegrass radio program at Wakkanai. Rode a 600cc BMW named Gert in Germany with Paul Likus and others. Please e-mail if any of this rings a bell.

Posted by gail a. carpenter aka carp | July 2, 2015, 9:26 pm
  3. Gail,

I too was at Darmstadt 59-61, What trick were you on. Did you know anyone who played basketball, I played for Easy trick.

Amos Keith

Posted by Amos Keith | July 6, 2015, 6:36 am
  4. Air Policeman with the 2nd RSM from Jan 1952 until Dec 1954. Stationed on both ELk and CFk.

Posted by Richard Judy | July 28, 2015, 3:22 pm
  5. Richard, glad to see you up on this site too. Hope you got those 2 passwords to get on the Spokt RC and 6910th Dst to Augsburg. Hope to see you over there too. Welcome onboard.

Posted by Paul Laffitte | July 28, 2015, 6:37 pm
  6. Was at Darmstadt (KFC) 6910 Sgp from 69-72 as Budget Officer. when the unit moved to Augsburg I opted to go to RAF Orfordness in England (Cobra Mist).Eight Months later the OTH Radar became obsolete and the site closed.

Posted by Huston Short | September 11, 2015, 6:14 pm
  7. Huston, would like to invite you to join 2 large USAFSS sites on SPOKT.COM. There is the 6910th Darmstadt to Augsburg and the USAFSS ROLLCALL Sites (all worldwide AFSS units). Both have large memberships and you would probably meet up with someone you served with. They are both free sites but require a password to sign in. If you are interested and would like a password let me know and I will get them to send you one. Give it a thought and let me know. Have a great day.
    (2nd RSM 49-52 Ernest Ludwig (ELK) and 6911th 55-57, Cambrai Fritsch (CFK)

Posted by Paul Laffitte | September 12, 2015, 11:15 pm
  8. Paul,

Would like to join two sites you reference. Please advise how to join.

Amos Keith

Posted by Amos Keith | September 14, 2015, 7:13 am
  9. Amos, need an e-mail address so we can forward the Password to sign in on both the ROLLCALL and the 6910th Darmstadt to Augsburg site. On the RC site the PW must be sent by the Secretary and when I get ur Addy will forward it to him. On the 10th I can send u the PW.
    Send it to

Posted by Paul Laffitte | September 14, 2015, 6:37 pm
  10. Email address for Amos Keith:

amoskeith1@yahoo.com

Rpt

AMOSKEITH1@YAHOO.COM

Posted by Amos Keith | September 15, 2015, 5:02 pm
  11. address is as stated. Phone nr: (813) 985-5838. amoskeith1@yahoo.com

Posted by Amos Keith | September 15, 2015, 5:05 pm
  12. Amos Keith
    Was on Baker second floor right across from the chow hall. Friends with Cletus Derks (deceased) but believe he played volleyball.

Posted by gail a. carpenter aka carp | September 15, 2015, 9:51 pm
  13. Amos, Password for 6910th on way. The one for Rollcall must come from the secretary and I will get with him first thing in the morning. Spokt sites right now down for a short maintenance.

Posted by Paul Laffitte | September 16, 2015, 12:24 am
  14. Searching for my best buddy while in Darmstadt…between early 1955 and Aug 1956…US Army…

We were both in Headquarters Co on base…

His name is either John Love or John Loveland…I believe he had a twin brother…

Posted by Guy Cardarelli | November 11, 2015, 1:12 pm
  15. 6910/11 Non-Morse/analyst 1960-1963 Charlie flight. Happy to chat with pals at the time.

Posted by Al Smith | December 17, 2015, 9:03 pm