6911th

Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne – Darmstadt, Germany

Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne was, I believe, an Army base where 6911th RGM was a tenant organization. Again, I’m not sure what my Dad did here but thanks to Red Barthel, I’m a little more familiar. He provided a nice PDF file on Darmstadt and what USAFSS was all about in Darmstadt. You can read the PDF at the link below:

Darmstadt Story

Thanks, Red!

257 comments for “Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne – Darmstadt, Germany”

1. looking for my dady 1960 cfc

Posted by frank schaffner | July 31, 2016, 1:57 pm
  2. Willie,

I also came from Shiroi to Darmstadt — in March 1959, ran the theater 1958-59 and played BB for Easy in 60-61. Surely our paths crossed. I worked radioprinter

Amos

Posted by amos Keith | July 31, 2016, 8:02 pm
  3. Amos seems like I remember your name but can not put a face with it.

Posted by Willie Pontiff | August 1, 2016, 3:15 pm
  4. Reading some of your comments I think my father, George Harold Barr may have been there the same time as some of you. I believe he also played BB and FB for the air force.

Georgie Weber

Posted by Georgie Weber | August 1, 2016, 3:36 pm
  5. I was in Darmstadt from 1960-1963. Your Dad, like all of us in the “silent service,” was a Cold War Warrior that contributed enormously to the defeat of the Soviet Union. The work we accomplished will forever be Top Secret, but you can get some clues from what you read about the NSA and DIA in the media. Be assured he was a true Hero.

Posted by Al Smith | August 1, 2016, 3:41 pm
  6. I was stationed at Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne in 1966-1967 with the U.S. Army, V Corp Btry. F, 26th Artillery . We operated out of the Army Airfield at Griesheim, Germany. Mainly just small choppers and small fixed wing aircraft there when I was there. I received OJT as air traffic control and clerk. Have a lot of fond memories of that place and made some good friends while I was over there. God Bless All Who Served.

Posted by Bob Cieslak | August 21, 2016, 3:19 pm
  7. I was stationed at Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne in 1966-1967 with the U.S. Army, V Corp Btry. F, 26th Artillery . We operated out of the Army Airfield at Griesheim, Germany & drove back & forth daily. Mainly just small choppers and small fixed wing aircraft there when I was there. I was trained radio teletype operator & received OJT as air traffic control and clerk. Have a lot of fond memories of that place and made some good friends while I was over there. God Bless All Who Served.

Posted by Bob Cieslak | August 21, 2016, 3:22 pm