6911th

Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne – Darmstadt, Germany

Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne was, I believe, an Army base where 6911th RGM was a tenant organization. Again, I’m not sure what my Dad did here but thanks to Red Barthel, I’m a little more familiar. He provided a nice PDF file on Darmstadt and what USAFSS was all about in Darmstadt. You can read the PDF at the link below:

Darmstadt Story

Thanks, Red!

263 comments for “Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne – Darmstadt, Germany”

1. looking for my dady 1960 cfc

Posted by frank schaffner | July 31, 2016, 1:57 pm
  2. Willie,

I also came from Shiroi to Darmstadt — in March 1959, ran the theater 1958-59 and played BB for Easy in 60-61. Surely our paths crossed. I worked radioprinter

Amos

Posted by amos Keith | July 31, 2016, 8:02 pm
  3. Amos seems like I remember your name but can not put a face with it.

Posted by Willie Pontiff | August 1, 2016, 3:15 pm
  4. Reading some of your comments I think my father, George Harold Barr may have been there the same time as some of you. I believe he also played BB and FB for the air force.

Georgie Weber

Posted by Georgie Weber | August 1, 2016, 3:36 pm
  5. I was in Darmstadt from 1960-1963. Your Dad, like all of us in the “silent service,” was a Cold War Warrior that contributed enormously to the defeat of the Soviet Union. The work we accomplished will forever be Top Secret, but you can get some clues from what you read about the NSA and DIA in the media. Be assured he was a true Hero.

Posted by Al Smith | August 1, 2016, 3:41 pm
  6. I was stationed at Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne in 1966-1967 with the U.S. Army, V Corp Btry. F, 26th Artillery . We operated out of the Army Airfield at Griesheim, Germany. Mainly just small choppers and small fixed wing aircraft there when I was there. I received OJT as air traffic control and clerk. Have a lot of fond memories of that place and made some good friends while I was over there. God Bless All Who Served.

Posted by Bob Cieslak | August 21, 2016, 3:19 pm
  7. I was stationed at Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne in 1966-1967 with the U.S. Army, V Corp Btry. F, 26th Artillery . We operated out of the Army Airfield at Griesheim, Germany & drove back & forth daily. Mainly just small choppers and small fixed wing aircraft there when I was there. I was trained radio teletype operator & received OJT as air traffic control and clerk. Have a lot of fond memories of that place and made some good friends while I was over there. God Bless All Who Served.

Posted by Bob Cieslak | August 21, 2016, 3:22 pm
  8. I was there in e company and also hq co 1955

Posted by tony doyle | October 8, 2016, 10:20 am
  9. I was stationed in Cambria Fritsch Kaserne 1952-54 for 18 mos. I remember the air force guys who were there . I was friends with some of them . our outfit was HQ Detachment 31st Medical Grp . We also had a few evacuation choppers which did go into action when needed .The Russians were bastards and still are .
    Mike C. Bridgeview,Il.

Posted by MJC | November 2, 2016, 5:26 pm
  10. I was station there from November 1972 until November 1973. 557th Med Co part of the 7th Med We were right across from V Corp Made many trips up those includes to the gates and the MP Shack. I lived in Seehiem Some names I recall Tom&Ann Mescher Charles “Lucky” Jenkins his wife Barb Brainard Janicki We seemed to me to be a close group of men Two commanders I recall are LT William Snyder and LT Fogel sorry about the spelling Thanks for reading

Posted by RANDY BURNS | November 26, 2016, 12:03 pm
  11. I was in the 7th evac at Cambrai Fritsch Kaserne for about a year til March of 1971. I took a European out and traveled thru Europe, down to/thur Spain, to Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia, Sicily, Italy, Istanbul & back to Germany to fly home to California. It took 3 months …..

Posted by michael volz | November 26, 2016, 5:37 pm
  12. You must remember my ond unit then

Posted by RANDY BURNS | November 26, 2016, 7:02 pm
  13. Spent 3 years Security Service in

I spent 3 years Securety Service Germany. 12months 12th RSM landsberg 1952..12 months 2nd RSM Darmstadt 1853..12 months 6910th SG Landsberg 1054.I was the photographer with top secret code word clearance since host bases did not have photogs with such high clearances, nor the need to know……With luck I made A/1C where most guys were separated with only A/2C…..And they were doing the important job…Stayed the whole 20 years mostly SAC with a 3 year tour at Yokota 67th Recon Tech Squadron….Last 8 years at Barksdale AFB, 2nd Air Force Headquarters, Command Post,Graphics presentation branch, providing ervice for the 8 am daily commanding General briefing………….

germany