292

Radio Intercept Operators

I found a really interesting paper written by SMSgt James M. Houle who was a SNCOA student in February of 1996. The title was “Essay on Morse Code Operators in the Air Force.” It gave some good explanations of what my Dad probably did early on in the USAFSS. I’ve included a link below to the file here on the website:

Essay on Morse Code Operators in the Air Force

259 comments for “Radio Intercept Operators”

1. I was in the 6925th in 61 and 62, “D” Flight. What a great time! Karamursel in 66-68…hated it, then finished up at Security Hill.

Posted by Bob Herr | March 3, 2017, 5:06 pm
  2. Radio school Kessler, additional training Brooks AFB, San Antonio. Shipped to 10th. Radio Squadron Mobile, RAF Chicksands (Bedford, England), then deployed with unit to DF site at RAF Edzell in Scotland for remainder of tour. Anyone out there might know?

Posted by Richard (Dick) Bieset | May 19, 2017, 1:08 pm
  3. I am looking for anyone that was stationed at Wasserkuppe mountain Germany in the 1950-60 time frame, this is extremely important as we have dedicated a monument to the Cold War veterans and need to find out if an English “Signals” unit was ever at that location…I cannot stress enough the importance of this inquiry which, hopefully, will get widest possible dissemination.
    Jim Harkins
    “Silent Sentinels” memorial
    Telephone 813-816-8407

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by James J. Harkins IV | May 19, 2017, 3:31 pm
  4. I am looking for anyone that was in the 6927th Squadron on Onna Point between 1964 – 1966 “C” Trick

Posted by Edward Amber II | June 16, 2017, 8:20 am
  5. FYI the British intercept unit at Wasserkuppe prio to 85RMS was RAF 889 Signals
    Jim Harkins

Posted by Jim Harkins | June 16, 2017, 9:35 am
  6. Can’t really help you out there partner, but I was there from 60 – 61. My grand daughter who is a 1st Lt. in the Air Force was in Okie just a while back and visited the old site. She said it was a great place to go snorkeling or scuba diving……….but that nothing remained that would let her know our base was there. I had showed her some photos of the Point.

Posted by Richard Barringer | June 16, 2017, 10:22 am
  7. Anyone out there that was at the 6950th RGM Chicksands, England 61-64

And especially on Dec 31st 1962 when they broadcast ” Merry Christmas to the 6950th RGM ” ??

Posted by Bruce L Buchler | June 16, 2017, 10:28 am
  8. Was in the 6913th in Bremerhaven from 62-65

Posted by Richard Barringer | June 16, 2017, 11:22 am
  9. If you were at linkou 6987th in Taiwan in 1957 and 1958 and or Darmstadt 6911thrgm in 1959 and 1960,I was on dog trick at both,give me a post.

Posted by CLIFFORD KOPPELMAN | June 16, 2017, 12:58 pm