Asides

6931st Security Group – Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece
Jul 1967 to Aug 1969

6931st Security Group
Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece

Below are images and military documents for this period of time:

557 comments for “6931st Security Group – Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece
Jul 1967 to Aug 1969”

1. Larry Downing, Thanks! Mine was the blue & white Triumph 650, still have it today, although it hasn’t run in years. I really enjoyed having it on Crete. Was great for long breaks to explore the Island, and to run to Mikes Light House in Hersonissis.

Posted by J T (John) Barker | March 20, 2017, 1:57 pm
  2. Can anyone tell me how I can access the 551 posts on this site.

Thanks

Posted by Huston Short | June 27, 2017, 6:46 pm
  3. I wish I knew. They all disappeared last year for some reason. Too bad , fun to see all the comments.

Posted by Gus Morris | July 9, 2017, 10:22 am
  4. I did 2 tours @IAS, 1963-65, with AFRTS. I was on the air the night the President was murdered, everybody, us & the Russians were blaming each other, for 72 hours everybody seemed to have their finger on the trigger.

Posted by Mike Hamiel | September 3, 2017, 4:18 pm
  5. Hello, I was there nov 69 thru may 71 Love it Worked in Swear and Tear before going to the Housing Office

Posted by Dotty ludington | September 3, 2017, 5:10 pm
  6. I was also on the rock. I think you were on Dawg flight with me?????

Posted by Don DeFrance | September 3, 2017, 5:16 pm
  7. Mike….I was a 202 Intel Analyst on Dog flight. Got there Dec. 28, 1963 and left April 1965. I listended to AFRTS all the time, in fact after going twice to Vietnam, DaNang and Saigon, I got out and went to Kent State University for my BS degree in Broadcasting. You were there with Adrian Conhauer(sp)I believe. Got married after KSU and worked at WKSU and WKNT in Kent, Ohio, then KNUI on Maui. Got into the shopping center business, then my firm built Fishermen’s Village in Punta Gorda, Florida. We got there in 1979 and have lived here in Port Charlotte since. Where are you now Mike.

Posted by Bob "Carp" Carpenter | September 3, 2017, 5:28 pm