Asides

6931st Security Group – Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece
Jul 1967 to Aug 1969

6931st Security Group
Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece

Below are images and military documents for this period of time:

463 comments for “6931st Security Group – Iraklion AS, Crete, Greece
Jul 1967 to Aug 1969”

1. Jim…did you play second base? I remember an outstanding second that gave me tips about playing that position when I was’t on the mound. Am I talking to the same guy? Ed

Posted by Ed givan | January 21, 2016, 3:40 pm
  2. Don’t think so Ed. I played short from HS until 75 about 10 yrs. I hurt my arm in the AF pitching batting practice (poor techniques, I guess), anyway I only played 1 year after the AF. I played short at San Angelo w/the Ed Givins that I knew and his catcher was a guy named Moose who supposedly had been drafted by the Cardinals.

Posted by Jim Bell | January 21, 2016, 7:17 pm
  3. Jim…I must have gotten you mixed up with someone else, but Moose was my catcher back then. I remember a guy that taught me to kick the bag on a double play when I covered second and do it from the back side of the bag so they would have to come over the bag to get me. Was that you?

Posted by Ed Givan | January 27, 2016, 5:50 pm
  4. No, that was not me. At San Angelo I played short and the ED that pitched for us would play second and first and only pitch when the pitcher (not very good) would get in trouble. Moose married a woman at Goodfellow that had kids and we all would tease him. The Eddie that I knew pitched on Crete for Able Flight and the base team, and ended up going to the world tournament as a pitcher. But I don’t think he got to pitch at that level but he still had a cool ring. He then went to Turkey from what I remember. Ed was also from Missouri.

Posted by Jim Bell | January 27, 2016, 8:39 pm
  5. Where did all the posts from previous years go

Posted by Doug Bryan | February 16, 2016, 12:53 am
  6. I was wondering the same thing. I thought I was just me.
    It’s been like this for a couple of months.

Posted by Gus Morris | February 18, 2016, 7:03 am
  7. Hello to all. I haven’t seen alot of traffic on this site for some time. Stationed at Iraklion from 1972-1973 as a security policeman. Seems like a 100 years ago now! Do miss the food and scenery.

Posted by Robb Carpenter | February 18, 2016, 5:04 pm
  8. You were there same time as I was. I worked the Gig on Dawg flight.

Posted by Gary Wallace | February 18, 2016, 8:25 pm
  9. You were there the same time as me, miss that place and snorkling in the Med

Posted by Mike Rippel | February 19, 2016, 6:18 am
  10. didn’t hang out with many from dawg flt, mainly able and some baker. Was dawg’s color green when you were there? Seems able was red, baker blue, charlie was yellow. Long time ago! It’s funny what sticks in your mind.

Posted by Robb Carpenter | February 19, 2016, 8:28 am
  11. I was baker flight, color was blue for football (only sport I played).

Posted by Mike Rippel | February 19, 2016, 7:49 pm
  12. I was stationed in Crete Oct 67-April 69 worked the diplomat station.Played basketball,football.track and softball.When I left there I went to 6994 det1 Vietnam on EC47.

Posted by Dave Brittingham | March 10, 2016, 12:20 pm
  13. I lived at Iraklion Air Station from 1957 to 1960. I was 4 when we left. I wish I could find our housekeeper, FOFO, her husband, George, and the British lieutenant’s wife that invited me often for tea.

Posted by Susan Hixon | April 24, 2016, 8:18 pm